I have been receiving many guest post requests in the past and recently getting even more guest post requests in the past few months. I truly appreciate for those of you who interested to write a guest post in my blog. At least this tells that my blog is worth for you to write. Thank you so much! Having said so, I would also like to apologize to you that until today I have NOT even done a single guest post. Sorry, guys!
I usually do not able to get back to you in a timely manner due to busyness of my schedule. I know this is an excuse. So this is my fault then, please forgive me. But I will still definitely get back to you later on with some delays and I usually throw you ton of questions. First, probably I”m new in this guest posting stuff so I have a lot of questions to ask. Second, I want to make sure that whatever you write will be useful to the readers of this blog. Third, I also want to make sure I don’t want to waste your time to write an article that eventually I do not post it here. At the end of the day, I usually do not get any respond from you after that. I guess I have make you pissed off already? Again, sorry if this is the case…
In order to reduce my questions to you, I thought it will be easier for me to come out the guidelines for guest posting in this blog:
[Updated: Feb 7, 2012]: Added perquisite guideline to raise the bar slightly higher to encourage the guest post author to be more interactive and also to encourage the blog commenters to do a guest post.
[Updated: May 27, 2012]: Added content guideline that the link must be related to personal finance website.. I want ultimately the provided link is the useful one. Sorry for any inconvenient cause.
[Updated: April 29, 2013]: Updated for no link is allowed requirement. Yeah I know, this will turn away you. :)
- You had posted at least 5 relevant comments in this blog.
- Anyone can do guest post (e.g. readers of this blog, other bloggers and etc.)
- The post cannot be for advertising purpose and must be relevant to personal finance. The post should be focusing on providing useful personal finance tips to the readers.
- Your post must be original and has never been be published anywhere else which including your own blogs or other places.
- Your post does not need to be agree with my line of thinking. I love and enjoy to accept different points of view.
- No link is allowed unless I know who you are (e.g. frequent readers of this blog).
- Your guest post is preferable written in simple HTML format. If you would want to submit in DOC format, it is also fine but please avoid fancy stuff. :)
- If you have picture, please include your picture in your guest post submission and mark it clearly where the picture or image should be displayed in the content.
- If you’re okay with all these guidelines above and still interested to do a guest post in my blog, please send your guest post to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I will try to reply within 48 hours and tell you whether I will accept the guest post or not. I may have questions or requests to the guest post and once we get the consensus, I will post that up as soon as I can. If I reject your post (I hope I won’t), you’re obviously free to use it anywhere as you like.
- Once I posted your article, I will drop an email to you for you to review.