Monday, May 21, 2007

Are you a proactive employee?

As one of my journey to become financially independent is to earn a lot money. As I'm an employee and the only solution I have is to outperform in my job. I realize that to be outperforming in the corporate world, one must be a proactive employee. Unfortunately, I have seen some employees who are not proactive but outperform in his job. So it comes to a conclusion that we can’t 100% say the outperform employee doesn’t 100% they’re proactive. Probably some bosses doesn’t like people proactive? That is strange isn’t it? Guess every statement could be wrong and right in different environment. That's the unique and interesting about our world. Having said so, I do agree that majority of the outperformed employees are proactive in nature.

These are the lists of what proactive employees do:

  • A proactive employee doesn’t wait for the boss to make every move.
  • A proactive employee seeks information and the help needed to do the job.
  • A proactive employee gives the boss feedback and asks questions.
  • A proactive employee initiates action without having to be supervised.
Are you a proactive employee?

5 Comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I saw your blog today and I would like to know if we could exchange links. I've created a blog to help military members with their finances and I think your blog would be a great resource. Thanks.

--
Brandon
Money for Military
Visit my site at http://moneyformilitary.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey that's really true. If you're not proactive nothing will get done right? But sometimes being too much proactive is not good either, you still have to be at par with your colleagues and get your boss to follow your speed. What's your advice on that?

ChampDog said...

Yes, I think you have the point. Being over proactive might not be a good idea. What if your proactive action is not what your boss wants? Maybe we should make the statement more complete. We should be proactive and doing the things that he/she really wants and loves you to do it. Doing what the boss wants, he/she will be impressed. Anyway, if your boss doesn’t like you to be proactive at all, then that is different story. Got this kind of bosses? What do you think?

Anonymous said...

Are you people kidding me? Is this discussion re: proactive employees a joke?

ChampDog said...

I think we're discussing the topic in serious. No joking. :)


Didn't find what you want? Use Google Search Engine below: