Home sellers take note. After surveying 923 real estate agents, Mark Nash, author of 1001 Tips for Buying & Selling a Home and Fundamentals of Marketing for Real Estate Professionals, has the following 8 suggestions for making your home attractive to buyers:
- Use glass tiles instead of ceramics ones in kitchens or bathrooms.
- Avoid installing bowl-shaped, above-the-counter bathroom sinks. They look pretty, but have proven to be harder to maintain and keep clean.
- Use engineered stone compound for kitchen counter tops.
- Don’t install too many glass cabinet doors in your kitchen. They look better in magazines than they do in real life.
- Replace wooden or chain-link fences with a wrought-iron one.
- Use bold and deep colours for shutter, door and window frame,
- Avoid using bamboo flooring.
- If you’re adding new construction, don’t use concrete blocks in exterior walls.